we recently returned from an incredible trip to the US with our 15 varsity boys. i can't even begin to express our feelings and emotions as we try to settle back into life in our village.
i put together a video highlighting the trip. sorry, but it was impossible to keep it short! we had 10 days in the US with these guys and we packed in us much as possible. so many memories, so many experiences. so… please wait until you have an extra 15 minutes in your day to watch this. still not even close to enough time to capture it all.
here's a few things that i am unable to express in the video:
- all of the love shown to the boys (and from the boys to others!)
- all of the prep work, planning, and hosting by soooo many people
- all of the work and responsibility by our amazing team here at bvsa, as well as trevor "tito" jenkins who trailed us in NY capturing incredible video and stills
- all of the donations and generous giving from so many that made it all possible
- how special and important everyone made the the boys feel (something not common to them in everyday life)
- all of the times the boys cried as they shared their hearts
- all of the hugs
- all of the tears
- all of the sadness and emotions on the way home (and still)
again, sorry for the long video, but i think it will be worth the 15 min investment.
consider where these boys come from (poverty and legalism) - and enjoy watching them take it all in… and let loose a little bit too!
THANK YOU TO ALL & MUCH LOVE FROM ALL OF US HERE IN BUENA VISTA GUATEMALA!!