"...Please continue providing for such teachers in a manner that pleases God. For they are traveling for the Lord, and they accept nothing from people who are not believers. So we ourselves should support them so that we can be their partners as they teach the truth."
the johnson family's monthly needs are fully supported - thanks to our amazing support team!!!
our one-time needs going into our transition to west africa are:
1. VEHICLE: a reliable vehicle is more critical now than in any situation we've ever been in. the drive from the village (we'll be living in), to the closest city (hospital, groceries, etc, is 13 hours). this drive is through the desert, with virtually nothing in between point A and point B. according to the arnold's (who have been there for nearly 30 years), a low-maintenance, low-risk, reliable 4x4 vehicle is a must. in addition to emergencies, the 13 hour trip is made every 2-3 months to stock up on groceries and supplies. therefore, a large truck or SUV is ideal. the approximate cost for a suitable vehicle is approx 15-20k. this vehicle will also be shared with the abushaib family.
2. SHIPPING: we will be shipping the vehicle, as well as some personal belongings from jacksonville. approximate cost for shipping will be $6,000. (consulting with arnold's on this; they are doing the same thing after being stateside on furlough for a year.)
you can click here to contact us or to help towards any of the above.
ADDITIONAL BVSA NEEDS:
1. MISSIONARY FAMILY SUPPORT: we have 3 additional families joining BVSA and moving to the mission field at this time! all 3 are currently raising support... needing monthly supporters as well as one-time donations for flights, car, language school, and transition expenses. so if you love supporting missionaries... we got you covered! 😉 click on the family names to learn more:
- abushaib family: joining BVSA-West Africa
- wilson family: joining BVSA-Guatemala
- rolfe family: headed to BVSA-Guatemala & BVSA-Honduras; training for future BVSA plant
- carter jackson: headed to BVSA-Honduras
2. ONE MORE FAMILY: we are praying for one more family to join our BVSA-West Africa academy! please let us know if you or someone you know feels called to the mission field.
3. JAX LIVING ARRANGEMENTS OCT-JAN (WILSON FAMILY): the wilson's will be moving from savannah to jacksonville for 3 months of missionary training before heading to the field. we're looking for somewhere for their family of 7 to stay during that time. if you have space, a 2nd property, rental property, or know someone who can help, please let us know! as a last resort, we should be able to rent something furnished for a few months in the $1200 per month range.
4. LOTS OF RANDOM TRANSITIONAL STUFF: during the training from oct-jan, and all of the moves, flights, visa/residency applications, temporary living situations, etc, etc... the small costs add up fast. click here to donate towards "mission field transitional needs", and it will be put to the greatest need. thank you!
GOERS CAN'T GO WITHOUT SENDERS.
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR SENDERS!