I was wrong. Chapel is fully funded!

On Dec 15, we launched a fundraiser for our chapel. It will be the first building constructed for the entire Quiche Project.

The fundraiser was my son-in-law Todd's idea.  75-80k is the total need to fund the chapel + furnishings. His idea was to do a "pew fundraiser," dividing up the total by the numb
er of pews in the chapel.  

I was hesitant. I thought $5,000 was too high of a donation "per pew." I worried that it limited the potential donors to bigger groups or churches, not so much individuals. I was also concerned that people would be annoyed by year-end fundraiser emails. 

I am glad to say I was wrong. Our chapel is fully funded. And out of the 16 pews donated, only 2 were given by a group - the other 14 by individuals or families. 

For the last few days, we've been praising God for this provision!  But I've also been convicted for my lack of faith. The Lord reminded me that He is the owner of all things (Psalm 24:1), and that this project, although huge in my eyes, is a drop in a bucket for the God of the universe (Col 1:16). 

I've also been reminded that as we abide in the Lord and his Word, and seek Him in all we do, he'll do far more than we ask or think (Eph 3:20-21).  That's not a formula for provision. Sometimes it bears out through suffering.  But it's a promise, no matter what.

I have no idea how the rest of this project will be funded. But the funding of the chapel (in only 3 weeks!) reminded me WHO will do it - an omnipotent God, and his generous people.  

My faith has increased. 
My desire to keep abiding in Him and His Word has increased.  
My passion for sharing the gospel, teaching the Bible, and discipling young men has increased.

I am amazed by God's faithfulness, and beyond grateful to all who have given.

Comments